This week’s Goulash seems to have quite a few expired ingredients…
Want to WIN a pair of tickets to the Kansas City Chiefs home game on 11/18? Uh… No thanks.
Stat/Trivia of the Week – Draft Failure – Question
Trivia Question – Who was the last Quarterback drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs to win a game that he started? (There have been 9 QB’s drafted by the Chiefs since this occurred)
As bad as your favorite team’s plight might be there’s usually a franchise that you can look at and say, “at least we aren’t as bad as them”. We’ve finally determined the organization across all sports that is now at the bottom of that barrel…The Miami Marlins. They’ve had fire sales before, but many of those came AFTER winning championships. This time? They just had one right after building a BRAND NEW ballpark and having a hugely disappointing season. I’m pretty sure the crabbiest guy in Major League Baseball is probably the only Marlins Superstar left…Giancarlo Stanton [Late Addition: after composing that sentence I was informed that Stanton had just tweeted the following – @Giancarlo818: “Alright, I’m pissed off!!! Plain & Simple”. I guess I was right!]. The whole situation is summed up best by this tweet: @pgammo – Favorite text of the morning: “Fans in Miami know what it would be like if Imelda Marcos owned a baseball team.”
Now… it’s entirely possible that this isn’t a terrible baseball move in a vacuum, but the morale and PR hit is brutal. And it will take years to know the baseball side verdict.
The Tax Man Cometh – Intriguing Tweet of the Day
@Buster_ESPN – After huge tax hits that Reyes, Buehrle and Johnson will take, you wonder if agents should/will ask for one-team no-trade clauses: To TOR.
The Fantasy Doh!
Further proof that it’s not that your team isn’t good… it’s that you aren’t good at managing your team!!
- Joe Flacco – #1 Fantasy QB of the Week – Started in only 26.5% of leagues
- Andy Dalton – #4 Fantasy QB of the Week – Started in only 21.9% of leagues
- Phillip Rivers – #6 Fantasy QB of the week – Started in only 36.5% of leagues
- Fred Jackson – #3 Fantasy RB of the week – Started in 62% of leagues
- Danny Woodhead – #6 Fantasy RB of the week – Started in 11% of leagues
- Calvin Johnson – #1 Fantasy WR of the week – WHO ARE THE 4% THAT BENCHED HIM AGAINST MINNESOTA?!
- Danario Alexander – #2 Fantasy WR of the week – OWNED in only 1.6% of leagues, Started in .2% of leagues
- Sidney Rice – #4 Fantasy WR of the week – Started in only 27% of leagues
- Cecil Shorts – #5 Fantasy WR of the week – Started in only 7.1% of leagues
- Greg Olson – #3 Fantasy TE of the week – Started in only 23.8% of leagues
- Scott Chandler – #4 Fantasy TE of the week – Started in only 27% of leagues
- Cowboys – #2 Fantasy D/ST of the week – Started in only 28.7% of leagues
- Titans – #3 Fantasy D/ST of the week – Started in only 1% of leagues
- Colts – #4 Fantasy D/ST of the week – Started in only 3.7% of leagues
Picture of the Week
While my vote is for Collin Klein, this picture was pretty fitting for Johnny Manziel’s performance last week against Alabama. Look like any trophies you know?
Draft Failure – Answer
Todd Blackledge (drafted 1983)